Paris 5-Day Trip Review
Lots to see in Paris, but this is the run down of my 5-day stay in Paris...
- Arc de Triomphe: Pretty much what I expected. Slightly larger than I thought it would be.
- Eiffel Tower (at night): Lights up which is cool. Also flashes for a couple of minutes at times.
- Louvre: Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Napoleon Apartments etc. Lots of people, but luckily no lineups at this time of year.
- Notre Dame de Paris: Free entry, no lineups either.
- Champs-Élysées: Kind of boring, not a whole lot to see here if you ask me.
- Chateau de Versailles: Get to see how royalty lived back then...Gardens of Versailles were pretty impressive. Quite a sight to see. Biggest backyard I've ever seen.
- Shopping: Personally I thought it was better and easier to shop in Barcelona.
- Food: My experience was that if you choose a random restaurant in Paris, it'll likely be better than one in Barcelona.
- Weather: Quite cold at night...I was caught off guard at how cold it generally is in Paris at this time of year. It was warmer in Montreal last week.